Start Flying in Early Access!
Go To the Store
We are proud to make available the M20 Collection! We have developed intricate systems including, but not limited to, electrical systems simulated beyond the level of just circuit breakers, full system logic, a detailed model, and more. This package includes the M20R Ovation II, M20R Ovation III, and M20TN Acclaim Type S. The Ovation II features round gauge instrumentation with a variety of GPS options with RXP Integration. The Ovation III features the Laminar Research G1000, fully integrated into the systems of the aircraft. Featuring custom G1000 overlays, and we are proud to be one of the first aircraft to feature custom G1000 popout windows. A customized menu interface also expands on accuracy with a custom Load Manager. This pair of aircraft feature state of the art systems, flight model, performance and has great visuals. These general aviation aircraft are the perfect addition to any X-Plane Hangar!
The M20R Ovation is a fast piston aircraft equipped with the IO-550 engine. The aircraft can cruise to nearly 200 knots! The Ovation II is equipped with an engine capable of 280HP and 2500rpm. It has fuel tanks of 100 gallons to allow for very long flights of many hours. The Ovation III is equipped with an uprated engine capable of 310HP and 2700rpm. It has fuel tank capacity of 130 gallons to enable some of the longest GA flights! The Acclaim Type S features a 310hp (We modeled the STC Variant) TSIO-550G up front. This turbocharged engine will get you to speeds of 242KTAS at FL250.
Currently, the Plane is in Early Access. What does this mean?
This plane is not complete. Currently, textures, 3D model, sounds, and more are being improved any may not be complete. When you purchase access to the plane, you acknowledge that this is a work in progress, and helpful critiquing is necessary to improve the aircraft. All future updates are included.
- Advanced Electrical System with all buses, switches, and circuit breakers functional. The systems are specific to the Ovation 2 and Ovation 3
- Optimized, Ultra-Realistic Aerodynamics with a flight model created by Rush at AeroSimGaming. The Flight Model reflects the changes between the Ovation 2 and Ovation 3
- Ovation 2: Custom avionics including the KFC-225 Autopilot, KDI-572 DME, KR87 ADF, M800 Chronometer, M20R Digital Engine and System Instruments
- Ovation 3 and Acclaim: Laminar Research G1000 with custom overlays including Engine Gauges, Engine Instrument Page, Checklists, and customized popups.
- Custom Load Manager and Menu Interface
- X-Plane 11.20 VR Compatibility
- Custom M20R Annunciator Panel and Master Warning System
- Persistent Systems between uses of the aircraft. Switches, Battery Charges, Settings, etc. are saved
- Detailed and Descriptive Documentation and Manuals on systems in the aircraft, performance charts, general information, and more
- Full FMOD Sound Pack with recordings from the real aircraft
- Entirely custom designed, 3D instruments modeled on the panel
- Built-in compatibility (3D in-panel) for RealityXP's Garmin GTN750/650 and GNS530/430 in the Ovation 2
- Highly detailed PBR (Physically Based Rendering) Model with accurate reflections designed for X-Plane 11
- X-Plane GNS530 and GNS430 integrated into the Ovation 2, G1000 in the Ovation 3 and Acclaim
- Fully custom plugin using C++ and the X-Plane SDK: no compromises for performance - No Lua based plugins are incorporated into the plane whatsoever
- Fully HD 4K Textures
- Includes 23+ High-Detailed Fully HD Liveries, with more available on our website for free!
- Access to our livery creation service, if you want to have a custom tail number, color scheme, or livery! (Additional Charge)
- Non Obtrusive DRM: Offline activation system
Follow our forum for more information: https://forums.afmsimulation.com/categories/m20r
Reviews and Videos
"this Mooney M20R is already a very neat add-on. Especially the flight characteristics are really convincing. During the whole test phase I found no serious bug. No crashes, everything worked as expected. I already saw releases with less functional quality than this public beta from AFM. It worked very well for me and I love the flight model that was implemented for this plane. It’s a lot of fun to fly this bird and it feels just right!" - Hardy, FlightDeckX
Version Beta 2.2.2 (25 Apr 2018):
- Fixed G1000 on Ovation 3
- Resolved overset text on M20TN Engine Page
Version Beta 2.2.1 (24 Apr 2018):
- Added Optional Auto-Updater
- Fixed Rudder Animation on M20TN
- Fixed issue where G1000 MFD doesn't display on some computers
- Baro and Course knob order fixed on G1000 Popups
- Vacuum and Ammeter datarefs added for debugging and informational purposes.
Version Beta 2.2.0 (14 Apr 2018):
- Added M20TN Acclaim Type S (Turbocharged)
- Includes 7 Default Liveries! (Ovation Liveries will not work on the Acclaim)
- Customized G1000 for Acclaim
- Enhanced Oxygen System
- Revised Nose on M20R Ovation II and III
- Enhanced Performance on G1000 displays
- Oxygen System and Hypoxia Simulation
Version Beta 2.1.1 (6 Apr 2018):
- Added updater software (Windows Only at this time, Mac still has Manual Install)
- Addressed FPS bug. Performance should be better than 2.1.0
- Hotfix for X-Plane 11.20 beta 4 VR Config files
- Acfutils by Totoritko updated for Ovation II
Version Beta 2.1.0 (2 Apr 2018):
- Custom G1000 Additions: Custom Engine and Checklist Pages including lean assist, fuel calculator and more! We also have added custom popups for the G1000 so you can see our G1000 additions in 2D and 3D.
- Mac Compatibility!
- Custom Menu Interface: Load Manager, Aircraft Menu, and Settings, all in a custom, image-based, resizable and pop-outable fashion.
- Custom Load Manager with Custom Weight/Balance engine.
- Full VR Support added to the Ovation 2 as well - we are improving VR in patches as Laminar release documentation. VR Virtual Yokes have been added.
- Sounds: Revamped Sounds for engine, flaps, and gear
- Liveries: 3 More Default Liveries Included! N1021K, G-MUNI, and HB-DIL
- Systems: Gyro Simulation Revamped
- Systems: Master Warning Interface also revamped to improve accuracy
- Flight Model: Drag profile Adjusted for accuracy
- Flight Model: Engine quitting at idle issue fixed
- Flight Model: Default Prop Pitch adjusted
- Flight Model: Ovation 3 Autopilot retuned for Heading and Localizer intercepts to match G1000 performance. Auto back course now functions properly.
- Flight Model: High-speed oscillations resolved with autopilot
- Documentation: Ovation 3 Manual and Checklists Added
- Graphics: Lit Texture for Altimeter on Ovation 3 fixed
- Graphics: Pull to Cage added to Standby Attitude Indicator on Ovation 3
- Activator: Improved activator for ease of use
- Activator: Verified all code to function properly so no reload is necessary after activation
- Misc: Hardware Master Switch On Command now functions
- Misc: Blank switch is now movable on Ovation 2
- Misc: FPS Menu function will now be more accurate
Version Beta 2.0.8 (22 Feb 2018):
- Fix Rudder Trim Indicator on G1000
- Fix CTD with Font Loading on Specific Hardware Setups
- Increase Debug Calls
Version Beta 2.0.7 (11 Feb 2018):
- Custom G1000 Boot screens and logic
- Custom G1000 Engine Overlays to match the real aircraft! (The Engine page and checklists will be coming soon!)
- VR Clickspot for Ignition key fixed.
Version Beta 2.0.6 (31 Jan 2018):
- Improved Flightmodel, Updated for 11.10 by Alan Shafto of AeroSimGaming
- Alt Volt Annunciator Logic Improved in Ovation II and Ovation III
- Circuit Breaker popped ring in Ovation II fixed
- Magnetic Compass Mislabeled: fixed in Ovation III
See Here for Prior Updates
- X-Plane 11.11+
- Quad Core CPU, Recommended 3.0+GHz
- 8GB+ RAM (16GB+ Recommended)
- Discrete Video Card with 4GB+ VRAM
- Windows 7+ or MacOS 10.12+
- 5 GB Storage Space
What is Included
- M20R Ovation II with 8 liveries (+Blank Livery)
- M20R Ovation III with 8 liveries (+Blank Livery)
- M20TN Acclaim Type S with 7 liveries (+Blank Livery)
- M20R Ovation II POH-AFM
- M20R Ovation III POH-AFM
- M20TN Acclaim POH-AFM (Coming Soon)
- M20R Checklist Documents
- Detailed Instruction Manuals